Bachelor of Science, Michigan State University Expected Aug. 2017
- Major in Anthropology
- Minor in Graphic Design and Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Michigan State University, Learning Resources Center Jan. 2014 – current
Lab Aide Assisted students and faculty with hard-/software issues, troubleshooting website issues, and processing payments for printing services. Scheduled tutoring appointments for students via Appointment-Plus and MSU EAB. Maintained the security of LRC lab assets.
LRC Student Supervisor Oct. 2016 – current
Additional responsibilities included creating weekly work schedule for approximately 10 employees, training new employees, and facilitating meetings. Proactively solved problems to ensure all needs were met.
Michigan State University, Radiology May 2014 – current
Anatomy Lab Monitor Monitored conduct and activities of medical and undergraduate students during open lab hours, consisting of cleaning and caring, covering cadavers, returning specimens to correct bucket and performing open and lock up procedures.
Michigan State University, GEAR UP July 2014 – current
Student Facilitator Worked with Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP) team of about 15 undergraduate students presenting information to pre-college students from various high schools. Co-implemented workshops focused on FAFSA, college resources, and careers.
MSU Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Summer Orientation Aug. 2013 – 2016
Student Orientation Aide Assisted touring Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistants (FLTA) around MSU campus and providing information regarding American culture and the educational system to help them adjust to different norms and practices. Provided feedback in microteaching sessions to prepare FLTAs to teach U.S. higher education and assisted with additional activities as required.
MSU Maximizing Academic Growth in College (M.A.G.I.C.) July 2013 – 2016
Peer Assistant Assisted with the implementation of the various activities during the two-week long program, actively participating, facilitating, and interacting with the participants in many program sessions. Provided academic and social resources to first-year MSU students.
MSU Campus Archaeology Program (Dr. Goldstein) Sept. 2015 – Dec. 2015
Course Research Internship Research focused on the identification of over 50 fragmented maker’s marks found at the MSU Campus Archaeology Program 2015 Field Site. Used Adobe Photoshop to better identify the marker’s marks, enhancing images to closely analyze them. Various library and internet sources were then used in the identification process.
MSU Department of Economics (Dr. Paredes) Dec. 2014
Student Research Assistant Collected prices of Big Mac sandwiches from various McDonalds in the United States via phone interviews, documenting in MS Excel.
MSU Department of Agriculture (Dr. Loveridge) Oct. 2014 – Jan. 2015
Student Research Assistant Contacted various organizations to collect agricultural Hmong translated documents. Worked in a team of 3 and assisted in phone interviews.
BEACON (Bio/Computational Evolution in Action Consortium) Aug. 2013 – Dec. 2013
Student Research Assistant Washed lab glassware and prepared liquid medias and reagents. Other responsibilities involved sterilizing solid and liquid medias and disposed decontaminated and used material cultures.
Midwest Historical Archaeology Conference, Wayne State University Sept. 2016
Making My Mark at MSU: Maker’s Marks
University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum, Michigan State University April 2016
Making My Mark at MSU: Maker’s Marks
- College of Social Science Study Abroad Grant — 2017
- Dean’s Choice Grant, First Place — 2016
- Office of Cultural and Academic Transition, Outstanding Leadership Recognition — 2016
- MSU Sexual Assault Program, Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention & Advocacy Training — 2016
- Office for International Students and Scholars, Certificate of Recognition — 2013
- Lansing Promise Scholarship — 2012
MSU Design for America (DFA) Jan. 2017 – current
Design for America is a consortium of talented, renaissance-thinking, passionate students from the community who collaborate with community organizations and nonprofits to solve real world problems. The organization creates social impact by understanding the challenges of our communities, creating powerful solutions based on human-centered insights, and partnering with organizations to execute these transformative ideas. Project: identified and addressed student-based perceptions of campus security concerns.
- Worked with team of 6 students gathering data through user experience research and methods.
- Engaged with approximately 15 students regarding their perceptions of safety on the MSU campus.
- Various team building and brainstorming activities.
The Hub’s Student Innovation Team Jan. 2017 – current
The Hub’s Student Innovation Team enhances higher education’s traditional model of project implementation by engaging student voices early in large-scale university challenges and opportunities. The team addresses challenges in curriculum and course development, space design, engagement strategy, and more through research, brainstorming, and testing.
- Researched, prototyped, branded and tested university projects.
- Applied creative problem solving methods in design thinking and systems thinking to university projects in space design, program development, and course strategy.
Council of Racial and Ethnic Students (C.O.R.E.S.) / Asian Pacific American Student Organization (APASO)
C.O.R.E.S. is comprised of four cultural communities at MSU: North American Indigenous Student Organization (NAISO), Black Student Alliance (BSA), Culturas de las Razas Unidas (CRU), and Asian Pacific American Student Organization. APASO serves to share deeper understandings of Asian Pacific American culture through various activities, advocates on issues impacting the community, and works with University faculty, staff, and administration in addressing concerns. APASO also brings many notable cultural performances for demonstrating unique talents within the APA community, as well as hosting workshops to better understand APA issues.
- Historian / Secretary Aug. 2013 – May 2014
- Maintained event files and meeting agenda documents for future usage.
- Photographed events and shared them through social media.
- Treasurer Feb. 2015 – May 2015
- Submitted Program Planning Worksheet (PPW) forms for processing to receive funds for events.
- Maintained PPWs for archiving.
- Cultural Vogue Funding Chair Feb. 2015 – May 2015
- Presented event information to student boards to request funding.
An annual event that takes place during the fall semester, Spartan Remix brings diverse communities from CORES (Council of Racial and Ethnic Students), COPS (Council of Progressive Students), and other student organizations to come together in celebration of their communities with the full MSU population.
- Public Relations Committee – Member June 2013 – Sept. 2013
- Public Relations Committee – Chair Aug. 2014 – Sept. 2014
- Distributed fliers across MSU community.
- Created a plan for visibility and promotion of the Spartan Remix both on and off-campus.
- Created and managed Facebook event page.
- Organized volunteers and fellow committee members to distribute flyers and handbills prior to event.
- Student Coordinator July 2015 – Sept. 2015
- Assisted committee chair with distributing fliers, calling business for donations, and organizing registrations.
- Proactively solved problems.
- Created ideas for activities, venues, food, entertainment, etc.
- Designed venue layout with logistic committee.
Global Day of Service
The Global Day of Service is engages MSU Spartans everywhere to volunteer time to the community through service projects.
- South West Action, Neighborhood Clean-Up — 2017
- Lansing REACH Art Studio (501[c]), assisted in moving event — 2016
- American Red Cross: informed clients of free installment of smoke alarms — 2015
- Photographer-At-Large: photographed Day of Service volunteers at various sites — 2014